1) Make sure your safety vest is compliant with local and national regulations (such as ANSI/ISEA 107-2010)
2) Properly place traffic barrels and signs according to your specific hazard. Make sure you are familiar with local requirements.
3) Understand the latest MUTCD (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices)
4) Look out for each other! The workplace would be a much safer place if we would watch out for each other.
5) Use Common Sense! Some of the best practices in regards to safety is using good common sense.
This is not a complete list, but please share this with others and talk about these steps on the job. Talking about safety is step one. Step two is acting it out. Step three is going home at the end of the day, whole.
If you need assistance selecting a complaint safety vest please visit the Safety Vest Page on our website.